THE MANDATORY LEAPFROG LEAPPAD SYSTEM SOFTWARE UPDATE THAT YOUR UNIT WILL RECEIVE IF YOU USE THEIR SOFTWARE TO CONNECT IT TO THEIR WEBSITE CAN/WILL DELETE SOME OF YOUR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD APPS.THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE AND THEY HAVE A SUPPORT ARTICLE http://leapfrog.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2305

THAT SUPPOSEDLY EXPLAINS HOW TO RESOLVE IT.

IN MY CASE THE ARTICLE PROVED TO BE USELESS AS THE UNIT WAS OBTAINED WITH THE INCLUDED THE GAMES BUT NOT THE LOGIN INFORMATION, LONG FORGOTTEN BY THE ORIGINAL OWNER AS IT WAS SETUP MANY YEARS BEFORE AND THEY HAVE CHANGED ISPS AND THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS. THERE IS NO WARNING ON ANY OF LEAPFROG'S WEBSITE, PACKAGING, MANUAL ETC. THAT WARNS YOU OF THE LOSS SO THAT YOU AS A CONSUMER MAY MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION. NOW YOU HAVE A UPSET CHILD(REN) THAT HAVE LOST THEIR PROGRESS AND CAN'T PLAY THE GAME ANYMORE.

IT GETS BETTER...I CONTACTED LEAPFROG SUPPORT AND WAS PROMISED THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT BY THE FIRST AGENT. THEN NINE DAYS LATER I RECEIVED A TICKET CLOSURE NOTIFICATION THAT IT'S ENTIRE CONTENTS WAS AS FOLLOWS "Your request for assistance cannot be accepted because your email address is not registered with an existing account." I HAVE PICTURES I TOOK OF THE SCREEN SHOWING THE APP(S) THAT WERE GONE BUT AS YOU CAN SEE THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED IN THAT AS THEY HAVE SYSTEM SETUP THAT DEPRIVES SUBSEQUENT OWNERS OF THEIR RIGHT TO THE SOFTWARE THEY ACQUIRED AND HAVE THE LICENSE TO USE.

AS THE ACCOUNT ACCESS IS PREDICATE ON KNOWING AND HAVING THE EMAIL ADDRESS USED MEANS THIS COULD HAPPEN TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER AS WELL IF THEY COULD NOT RECALL THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND OR DID NOT HAVE THE ADDRESS ANYMORE.I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU CONSIDER THIS WHEN CONSIDERING PURCHASING A GAME/LEARNING SYSTEM.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with color and stated that there is a room for improvement of technical and customer service skills. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of leapfrog leappad and associated monetary loss in the amount of $25. Leapfrog needs to "restore the missing applications" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned leapfrog leappad in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Leapfrog.

Had an Experience with Leapfrog?

Comments